IU Privacy Statement
For additional information specific to this website, please review the following privacy notice.
This privacy notice applies only to the IU Kokomo (https://kokomo.iu.edu/) and explains our practices concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of visitor information. Visitor information collected by IU Kokomo will be used only as outlined in this privacy notice.
Other units at the university may collect and use visitor information in different ways. Therefore, visitors to other university websites should review the privacy notices for the particular sites they visit. IU Kokomo is not responsible for the content of other websites or for the privacy practices of websites outside the scope of this notice.
Because Internet technologies continue to evolve rapidly, IU Kokomo may make appropriate changes to this notice in the future. Any such changes will be consistent with our commitment to respecting visitor privacy, and will be clearly posted in a revised privacy notice.
Collection and Use
When you view pages on our site, the web server automatically collects certain technical information from your computer and about your connection.
This site is hosted on IU Sitehosting, a shared web–hosting environment provided by IU’s University Information Technology Services. For more information about privacy practices related to IU Sitehosting, read the Webserve/IU Sitehosting Privacy Notice Supplement.
In addition to any information collected by IU Sitehosting, our server and/or site collects the following:
- Your IP address
- The domain name from which you visit our site
- User-specific information on which pages are visited
- Aggregate information on pages visited
- The referring website
- The date and time of visit
- The duration of visit
- Your browser type
- Your screen resolution
- age, gender, interests, location of city, device type (mobile vs desktop)
Continued use of our website indicates consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of this information as described in this notice.
This technical information is not retained or utilized.
Other than automatically collected technical information about your visit (described above, or cookies, described below), we may ask you to provide information voluntarily, such as through forms or other manual input—in order to make products and services available to you, to maintain and manage our relationship with you, including providing associated services or to better understand and serve your needs. This information is generally retained as long as you continue to maintain a relationship with us. Your providing this information is wholly voluntary. However, not providing the requested information (or subsequently asking that the data be removed) may affect our ability to deliver the products or service for which the information is needed. Providing the requested information indicates your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of this information as described in this notice. Information we may actively collect could include:
- The email addresses of those who communicate with us via email
- The email addresses of those who make postings to our chat areas
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Payment information (e.g., credit card number and billing address)
- Information volunteered by the visitor, such as preferences, survey information and/or site registrations
This information is:
- Used for internal review and is then discarded
- Used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor
- Used by us to contact visitors for marketing purposes
Information Used For Contact
If you supply us with your postal/mailing address:
- You will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
We do not share any aggregate, non-personally identifiable information with other entities or organizations.
We do not share any personally identifiable information with other entities or organizations, except when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
Except as described above, we will not share any information with any party for any reason.
Except as provided in the Disclosure of Information section below, we do not attempt to use the technical information discussed in this section to identify individual visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is written to your hard drive that contains information about your visit to a web page. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you may configure your browser not to accept them at all, or to notify and require approval before accepting new cookies. Some web pages/sites may not function properly if the cookies are turned off, or you may have to provide the same information each time you visit those pages.
- Store visitors preferences
- Record user-specific information on what pages users access or visit
- To record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site
- Customize web page content on visitors' browser type or other information that the visitor sends
This site is not directed to children under 13 years of age, does not sell products or services intended for purchase by children, and does not knowingly collect or store any personal information, even in aggregate, about children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and teachers to be involved in children's Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when they are asked to provide personal information online.
Use of Third Party Services
Our website does not utilize any types of services provided by third parties.
Third-party social media sites may collect information from this site. Indiana University is not responsible for their privacy practices. This site embeds features from third party social media sites
Updating Inaccurate Information
In some cases, we will grant visitors the ability to update or correct inaccuracies in the information that we maintain.
Visitors may correct inaccuracies in:
Visitors can have this information corrected by:
- Sending us email at the listed address
Due to the rapidly evolving nature of information technologies, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. While Indiana University is committed to protecting user privacy, IU cannot guarantee the security of any information users transmit to university sites, and users do so at their own risk.
- When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial or health information, we redirect visitors to a secure server and will notify visitors through a pop-up screen on our site.
- We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
- We will comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding the privacy and security of user information.
Links to non-university sites
Indiana University is not responsible for the availability, content, or privacy practices of non-university sites. Non-university sites are not bound by this site privacy notice policy and may or may not have their own privacy policies.
Privacy Notice Changes
From time to time, we may use visitor information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice.
We will post the policy changes to our Website to notify you of these changes, but only data collected from the time of the policy change forward will be used for these new purposes. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Website periodically.Visitors may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by:
- Sending us email at the listed address
- Calling us at the listed telephone number
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us.
ATTN: Web Services
2300 South Washington Street
Kokomo, Indiana 46902
If you feel that this site is not following its stated policy and communicating with the owner of this site does not resolve the matter, or if you have general questions or concerns about privacy or information technology policy at Indiana University, please contact the chief privacy officer through the University Information Policy Office, 812-855-UIPO, or email privacy.iu.edu