Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment
- American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- has a variety of online resources that support assessment. You can find assessment resources here about liberal education outcomes, general education outcomes, campus diversity, ethical behavior, critical thinking, writing, oral communication, quantitative reasoning, and portfolios.
- Assessment CyberGuide for Learning Goals and Outcomes
- is posted by the American Psychological Association. Although posted as a resource for assessment of the undergraduate psychology major, the list of resources on this page has broad applicability to many disciplines. It provides resources for understanding assessment, designing viable assessment plans, and sustaining an assessment culture.
- The National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
- hosts assessment resources for faculty on accreditation; accountability; assessment history and trends; classroom assessment; defining assessment; disciplinary perspectives; faculty roles and responsibilities; research on learning; scholarship of teaching and learning; student learning goals; tools, methods, and examples; and using evidence for improvement.
- Assessment Commons
- is a collection of links to a variety of general online resources about assessment, as well as links to assessment handbooks, assessment of specific knowledge or skills, accrediting bodies, student assessment of faculty and courses, and institution assessment web pages listed by school.